The Green Kitchen

Mostly green--and entirely vegetarian--cooking in a mostly green--and entirely awesome--kitchen in Brooklyn.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

giving thanks for tasty veggies

Hope you all had a lovely holiday and that you're recovering from your food comas (tofu-based, of course) nicely. The new recipe I tried out this year was Martha's recipe for yuppie-style green bean caserole. Look how pretty!


















The only part I wasn't so thrilled about was the making your own french onion rings for the top part. A nice idea in theory, but the result didn't seem worth the effort. Or maybe I was just annoyed because dinner was on the table and I was still frying stupid onion rings in the kitchen.



But! The casserole itself was great and an interesting departure from my other favorite souped-up (because it's canned-soup-free) version of the classic green bean casserole, which I'll post about later when I get around to making it.

Later this week you can look forward to a post in which I'll jump on the food blog bandwagon and try my hand at knead-free bread. My potluck guests will be so lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home